The Most Steamed Dessert Ever - Our "Lime Cheesecake"
We have cooked "steamed" this dessert since 2005 and it has never ever failed!
Appliance: Steam Oven or Combi-Steamer
Temperature: 100 °C
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 45 to 50 mins
Serves: 8 - 10-
200g ‘Nice’ biscuits (we use also replace half with ginger nut – great flavor with lime)
100g unsalted butter
750g Philadelphia cream cheese
200g castor sugar
4 whole eggs
Juice of 4 limes
- Process the biscuits until they are like crumbs, then add melted butter and pulse again.
- Line the bottom of a 24 cm spring form cake tin, pressing the biscuits with your hands or the back of a spoon, chill in fridge
- Beat the cream cheese with sugar gently until smooth
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the egg yolks and finally the lime juice
- Pour the cream cheese filling on top of the chilled biscuit base6. Place in the steam oven for 45 to 50 minutes
Slide carefully off the base – very delicate cake - use a SHARP KNIFE to cut and keep knife blade wet. Serve with fruit cullies or chocolate sauce and/or strawberries or any other berries for decoration.